Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Taking better pictures of your kids

This is the first installment in a series I will be posting to help you take better pictures of your kids! I would love some feedback on this, so please let me know if these tips help you!

1. Environment

Have you ever uploaded your photos to your computer (or gotten a roll of film back :) ) only to discover that there was a tree growing out of your son's head in the photos? It is easy to miss things like that when you're taking pictures, I've done it many times myself. Train yourself to pay attention to the background and surroundings that will be included in the photo. If something will distract the viewer and take the attention away from your child, put the camera down and take the time to remove the item or reposition your child. It will take some getting used to at first, but it will be worth it when you see the beautiful, uncluttered photos of your child!

No comments: